What is Coaching?
Inspiring struggling parents with creative solutions for family success with customized coaching.
Are you looking for input and strategies to help you with your parenting? Do you have a vision for your family but you don’t know how to get there? Would you like ease and fun instead of stress and frustration?
You are in the right place. Coaching is unique because it helps you identify the areas of stress, look at the bigger picture and come up with a success plan. What is wonderful about coaching is that it is designed to your family specifically.
You may have a specific situation or you may want to address more concerns. Together we can come up with a plan that works for you whether it be one session or ongoing sessions taking the journey to success.
- A Parent Coach is not a therapist or counselor.
- A Parent Coach should not diagnose or suggest medications or recommend therapies.
Choose a time that works for you for a free consultation to see if this is right for you.
- Parents of Loss
- Parents in Recovery
- Childhood Trauma
- Foster and Adoptive Families
Goals & Objectives
- To offer age-appropriate, positive strategies to families
- To help you create a vision for families
- To get parents and caregivers on the same page
- To give immediate skills parents and caregivers can use
- To help parents have FUN and enjoy their families
- To build strong, healthy relationships
- To calm chaos, stop arguing
- To create a loving, nurturing home environment
Team & Family Approach
Working with parents, therapist, teachers, school administration and anyone who is a support person in the child's life, if appropriate.
- Grandparents and parents working together
- Teachers and parents
- Caregivers, nannies and parents
- Divorced parents
- Coaching sessions by phone
- Coaching sessions by Skype
- Coaching sessions in person... If in the Santa Barbara County area, we can meet together. You may want to bring a spouse, partner or support person along. Getting the same skills and being on the same page bring ease to parenting.
INDIVIDUAL & COUPLES COACHING
- Single parents
- Foster and Adoptive families
- Grandparents Raising grandchildren
- You may want to share the cost and have a small group of parents. Often parents have children the same age and have similar issues. Perhaps getting the kids to school on time or help setting limits. This is also an option and you have the other parents as support afterwards.
LARGE GROUPS & TRAININGS
- You may have a larger group in a school or church. I am also available for trainings, workshops and conferences. I can do parenting for a certain age group (or a specific topic ex. Parenting toddlers, Starting School Strong, Bulling behaviors)
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN HIRING A COACH
- Connecting with the right person makes a difference. Each parenting coach has their own unique style and approach.
- Look for someone who has education, experience and professional coaching training and certification.
- Costs will differ based on experience, education and location.
- Take the time to look for a coach that is going to be the best fit for you and your family. Many provide a complimentary consultation.
“I’d recommend that all parents meet with Judy- her wisdom and expertise has changed our family dynamic completely. We feel more equipped to handle tantrums, to motivate behavior, and to empathize with our children.”
— Chelsea, Parent
“Judy has the unique ability to Impart wisdom to parents that is both relevant and applicable. Perhaps Judy’s greatest asset, however, is her own parenting journey which has been both poignant and painful.”
— Michelle, Co-Worker
“I came to her seeking guidance as a parent for my three children and took home with me tools that have completely transformed our relationship and family bond in ways I could never have dreamed possible!”
— Harmony, Parent